Berrylicious Cheesecake Dip, O Berrylicious Cheesecake Dip, where have you been all my life?
For those who know me really well, you probably know I am not a huge sweets person. In fact, we never have sweets in our house. For me, no problem, for Patrick, problem. The other week, he exclaimed, “Why are there no oreos in this house?!!! Just kidding. No, seriously, why are there no oreos in this house?”
I sweetly bought oreos for him the next time I was at Costco. The 12 pack or 68 pack, whatever it is, lasted him a week (deprived?). He has been known to pour oreos in a bowl, add milk and eat it as cereal.
Anyway…back to cheesecake dip. Because I am not a huge sweets person, you can be assured I will only post 1) the most delicious treats on my blog (like my Toffee Pecan Caramel Pound Cake, Homemade Little Debbie’s Oatmeal Creme Pies, and Angel Food Cake Churro Bites) and 2) easy ones! This White Chocolate Chip Berrylicious Cheesecake Dip is no exception.
I wanted to create a dessert that was lighter than traditional cheesecake but still mega creamy. In this dip, unlike in traditional cheesecake, the ratio of “cheesecake” to berries, is pretty equal, so the dip isn’t heavy, instead each bite is equal part sweet, creamy, cheesecake (swirled with mini white chocolate chips!) and equal part sweet, refreshing berries. For someone who is not that into sweets, I can honestly say this is addictingly delicious, so addictively delicious that I was the one to polish it off while Patrick was gone. Enough said!
a) It’s berrylicious …need I go on?
b) It’s gorgeous! Last time I served this dip for friends, the comment at first site was, “Oohhhh,,fancy!”
c) It’s easy. Simply whip up the cheesecake ingredients, spread on a platter (no bake!) and top with berries mixed with berry jam. That’s IT!!!
d) It’s actually better chilled. Love this fact because you can prepare the entire dessert beforehand for company or when you know you have a busy day ahead and simply pull out of the refrigerator, add the berries and serve!
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup mini white chocolate chips
- 3 cups mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries, diced strawberries, etc)
- 2 tablespoons strawberry or raspberry jelly
Serving With Suggestions
- Baked Churro Chips/Cinnamon Crisps (recipe HERE)
- gingersnaps (highly recommended)
- graham crackers
- vanilla oreos
- With a stand or handheld mixer, cream the cream cheese and sugars together at medium speed until light and creamy. Add yogurt/sour cream, vanilla and lemon juice and mix until well combined, scraping down sides as needed. Stir in white chocolate chips until evenly distributed. Pour onto a serving platter or pie dish and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Add the jam to a medium bowl and heat in microwave for 30 seconds, or until melted. Gently fold in the berries. Chill berries separately from cheesecake until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, spoon berries over the cheesecake filling. Serve with gingersnaps (recommended unless you don't like them), graham crackers, pretzels, vanilla oreos, etc.
Carlsbad Cravings Original