Patrick and I love having beach bonfires. We have a huge fire pit that Patrick’s brother welded a stand for, so we simply plop it anywhere on the beach and get the fire blazing.
Friends will be surfing, paddle boarding, chasing, kids, making sand castles, etc., but when the s’more fixin’s come out, everyone gathers around.
There’s something about toasted, gooey marshmallows and melted chocolate sandwiched between graham crackers that always leaves you wanting s’more (like how I did that? I know cheesy, I couldn’t help myself!).
I originally made these cookies years ago because Patrick loves s’mores so much. He fell in love and I have been making them ever since.
And so will you! Soft, chewy, graham cracker cookies nestled with gooey chocolate and slightly toasted marshmallows..
Yeah, you might want to double or triple the recipe, even fill a jar in the kitchen, keep a stash in your purse, or your car, or into your closet because you never know when you will want s’more, which I can pretty much guarantee will be all the time!
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Hershey bars, broken
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Cream together butter and sugars; mix in egg and vanilla.
- Add flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips and chocolate chunks until well combined.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove and quickly press marshmallows into cookies. Return to oven and cook until done, about 3-4 minutes.
Recipe Source: Unknown – sorry I found them years ago!
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: