Introducing tender, juicy Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Meatballs simmered in the most tantalizing sweet heat sauce that everyone will go crazy for! Perfect appetizer or delicious, stress-free, make-ahead meal with rice – or both!
I choose both. I made these meatballs twice in the last two weeks to get the sauce absolutely perfect. The first time we devoured them for dinner with rice – Ah-mazing. The second time, I brought them to a friend’s birthday party where everyone practically begged me for the recipe. Everyone, beg no more.
These meatballs are a cross between my crazy popular Sweet and Spicy Slow Cooker Cranberry Meatballs I posted last year and my beloved Honey Buffalo Hot Wings. Both ridiculously delicious and easy, always crowd pleasers, and both seeping with sweet heat so it only made sense to combine the two for an easy, intoxicating delicious meatball AKA Honey Buffalo Meatballs!
The meatballs themselves are incredibly tender, juicy, and flavorful from an easy splash of spices. The spices make the ingredient list seem somewhat lengthy, but they just take seconds to throw in and take these meatballs all the way to the end zone; smother them in Honey Buffalo Sauce and you have a touchdown.
The sauce is s simple whisking of Frank’s Original Hot Sauce, honey, brown sugar, apricot preserves and a splash of soy sauce that simmers with the meatballs for an appetizer that is nothing short of addicting or, as previously discussed, the perfect dinner so you can eat them all the time.
Another winning aspect of these meatballs is you can completely customize their heat by adding more hot sauce to taste at the end of cooking so they can be more honey or more buffalo. Either way, these irresistible Honey Buffalo Meatballs will have you licking your lips, and strongly tempted to lick the slow cooker itself. I won’t judge.
In addition to these Honey Buffalo Meatballs, I’m excited to introduce you to my new, more user friendly Recipe Index where you can click on any category and ALL the recipes in that category will appear on one page – so its even easier to decide what you want to make next. You can check it out HERE and then click Appetizers then Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Meatballs and end up back here.
Because you know you want make them NOW.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 22 saltine crackers, crushed (approx. 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup dry minced onion
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
Honey Buffalo Sauce
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Original Sauce, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add eggs and gently whisk. Add all remaining Meatball Ingredients and mix until well combined. Roll meat mixture into desired meatball size**. Place meatballs onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, add all of the Honey Buffalo Sauce Ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk to combine (only use ¼ cup hot sauce at this point. You can add more hot sauce to taste at the end of cooking).
- Line the bottom of your slow cooker with meatballs, drizzle with some Honey Buffalo Sauce, then remaining meatballs followed by the remaining Sauce.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours, gently stirring an hour after cooking. When done, taste and stir in additional hot wings sauce (I add 1 ½ more tablespoons which is pretty spicy.) Keep warm until serving.
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: