But sometimes I just crave food that’s smooth and creamy…Food that melts in your mouth and slurps down with ease.
Sometimes I just crave fettuccine Alfredo. This rich, creamy Alfredo tastes like pure decadence, the same decadence as Alfredos with mounds and mounds of butter, heavy cream and even cream cheese. You would never know this Alfredo doesn’t have any of those heavy ingredients! Instead it has only 2 tablespoons of olive oil – a healthier kind of fat and for a whole pound of pasta!
The pairing of both Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese adds a depth of flavor while complimented by garlic, basil, parsley and red pepper flakes –
– no bland fettuccine here! I would never give you bland! because I don’t crave bland!
This fettuccine can be on the table in less than 30 minutes (probably more like 20), perfect for busy nights or for any other day you are simply craving creamy, smooth, flavorful Garlic Parmesan Mozzarella Fettuccine Alfredo. YUM!
- 1 lb. fettuccine or pasta of choice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups lowfat milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash -1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions, in generously salted water.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Sprinkle in flour and cook while stirring for 3-5 minutes, or until raw flour smell is gone, then turn heat to low. Slowly whisk in chicken broth, then milk, stirring constantly until smooth. Turn heat to medium high and bring the sauce to a simmer. Stir in spices and continue to simmer until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in Parmesan cheese until melted, followed by mozzarella cheese until melted. As soon as cheese is melted, remove from heat.
- When pasta is al dente, drain and immediately combine with Alfredo sauce, stirring until well combined. Taste and season with additional salt, pepper and/or red pepper flakes to taste.
- Top with fresh parsley (optional).
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: