This shop has been compensated by McCormick’s Skillet Sauce®. All opinions are 100% my own.
Both Patrick and I are egg roll creators and connoisseurs. They are our appetizer of choice to bring to parties – particularly New Year’s Eve and Christmas Eve. While all of our egg roll creations have been delicous, these Sesame Chicken Egg Rolls with Hoisin Sweet and Sour Sauce are the best egg rolls ever…takeout or homemade. Patrick has never asked me to make something more times in one week. In other words, you want to make these egg rolls soon because you are going to fall in love with them! And its all thanks to to McCormick’s Sesame Chicken Skillet Sauce®.
When I was approached by McCormick’s® to create a recipe using their skillet sauces, I was immediately drawn to their Sesame Chicken because I already had on my “to make list” “Sesame Chicken Egg Rolls.” Their skillet sauce made a usual more complicated process incredibly simple and mouthwatering. Seriously, prepare yourself to be unprepared at just how delicious and just how easy these new favorite appetizer/dinner are.
If you want a quick and satisfying dinner – that’s it, you are done! In 10 minutes, you have Sesame Chicken Stir Fry for dinner boasting crisp tender vegetables and thinly sliced chicken doused in McCormick’s perfect sesame sauce comprised of soy sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, ginger, paprika, sesame oil – all I did was add salt, pepper and sriracha to taste and I was in takeout-fakeout heaven.
If you are ready for the perfect egg rolls, simply add your stir fry to your food processor, pulse a couple times and you have just created your Sesame Chicken Egg Roll filling. I’m not gonna lie, I was a little giddy when the thought of creating the filling in the food processor came to me – its just SO EASY! Fold up your egg rolls, fry (I’m sorry, these egg rolls are just way better fried)…
And its crispy crunch outside, crisp-tender sesame inside followd by “ew-ah,” “seriously?!,” “these are amazing!,” these are better than any egg rolls I’ve ever had!” And that’s even before your fans have plunged their egg rolls into the Hoisin Sweet and Sour Sauce. Hoisin sauce, (kind of like an Asian barbecue sauce) is the perfect base for this quick sweet and sour sauce because it already contains soy sauce, red chilies, and garlic – all you do is add sugar and vinegar and your gourmet dipping partner is born.
You can find McCormick’s Sesame Chicken Skillet Sauce® along with six other varieties of skillet sauces – each with its own easy custom recipe at your local Wal-Mart. Read more about these delicious – soon to be favorite – go-to dinners here: McCormick Skillet Sauces.
Now please, go to Wal-Mart – soon – so you can make these Sesame Chicken Egg Rolls with Hoisin Sweet and Sour Sauce – soon. And while you’re there, you might want to stock up, because trust me, your family/friends are going to be begging you to make these again and again and again – soon. And I guarantee you will be more than happy to oblige, because YOU want to eat these Sesame Chicken Egg Rolls again -soon – very soon.
- Sesame Chicken Egg Rolls
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 12 oz pkg. sitr fry vegetables with snow peas, carrots, broccoli, bean sprouts*
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and sliced
- 1 pkg. McCormick Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry Skillet Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha/Red chili hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 quart vegetable oil
Hoisin Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce**
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional)
- Whisk together Hoisin Sweet and Sour Sauce ingredients until well combined. Set aside in refrigerator.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, but not cooked through, approximately 1-2 minutes. Add vegetables and saute over medium-high heat until vegetables are crisp-tender and chicken is cooked through, approximately 2-3 minutes. Stir in Sesame Sauce and Sriracha and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Position an egg roll wrapper with one point towards you. Place 2 tablespoons filling in the center. Fold bottom corner over filling then continue to roll up, firmly folding sides toward center over filling as you roll. Moisten top corner with water and press firmly to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. (Refer to your egg roll wrapper for a diagram).
- Heat oil in a stock pot or deep-fat fryer to 350F degrees or medium high heat. Fry egg rolls, 4 at a time until golden brown, turning egg rolls a few times while frying. Drain on paper towels.
- For the Hoisin Sweet and Sour Sauce you can either whisk all of the ingredients together except for the cornstarch for a thin dipping sauce OR you can add all of the sauce ingredients, including the cornstarch, to a small saucepan and simmer until thickened.
**Hoisin Sauce can be found in all grocery stores in the Asian section. All Hoisin Sauce is NOT created equal. Many brands contain too much 5 Spice. I highly recommend Lee Kum Kee Brand (this is NOT an affiliate link, just my personal preference).
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Craving Creation:
You might also like:
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation: