Oh yes…Easy Fresh Strawberry Syrup.
‘Tis the season of strawberries! Strawberry season always makes me so excited because it means summer is just around the corner! Which means, warm beach days, warmish beach water (at least warm enough for a spring suit, I’m a wimp), and for Carlsbad locals and Legoland tourist, it means fresh strawberry picking in the strawberry fields!
I think I can do that.
Strawberry Syrup pairs perfectly with ice cream or even better – an ice cream brownie sundae (insane!), on top of cheesecake, in slushies as well as instantly elevates any pancake, waffle, crepe or French toast into something you would pay an arm and a leg for at an overpriced French cafe, which you gladly do because every bite of sweet syrupy goodness is practically priceless.
Priceless I tell you.
But wait! You can indulge your entire family or brunch guests to gourmet dining by making this Fresh Strawberry Syrup in your own home, simply by simmering 4 ingredients in one pot – doesn’t get any easier than this!
Which then can drown this Angel Food Cake and Cream Cheese French Toast – my personal favorite way to eat this mouthwatering Fresh Strawberry Syrup – you don’t want to miss it!
Because strawberry season means sweet strawberry bliss!
- 3 cups strawberries, diced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a gentle simmer until the strawberries are soft and the syrup is thickened and reduced by 1/3 to 1/2 in volume, approximately 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Syrup will thicken upon standing so simply whisk in more water to reached desired consistency if needed.
Syrup adapted from Paula Dean
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: