Rich, buttery, tender Strawberry Pound Cake swirled with fresh strawberries and smothered in smooth, silky Chocolate Ganache. 1000X better than any cake mix and so drool worthy everyone will beg you for the recipe. BEG I tell you! AND keep scrolling for an amazing Giveaway!
My good blogging friend, Cat, from the The Rustic Willow, is celebrating her blogiversary, so a few of us got together to throw a virtual “blogiversary” party with cakes, and cupcakes galore AND the Ultimate Foodie Giveaway! (enter at bottom of post)
And did I mention cake?
For my cake for dear Cat, I knew I wanted something strawberry – because its summer!
And because strawberries are amazing and juicy and sweet. And because I crave strawberries every time I pass them in the store and every time I drive past the fields and fields of strawberries by my house.
And because they won’t be in season forever so you need to get your strawberry fill NOW. Like right now with this Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pound Cake! Think chocolate covered strawberries but in strawberry, buttery cake form…I can’t stop thinking…
I first started this recipe with my own adaptation of the popular strawberry cake recipes that start with a white box mix and add gelatin. The cake was good, but not amazing. So I decided to take my favorite ever sour cream pound cake recipe and add fresh strawberries and strawberry gelatin (Jell-0) to the mix. Best decision ever.
The cake is rich, and soft and super moist and tastes like strawberries! Its way better than the box kind with only 10 minutes more effort. So worth it. I could have topped the cake with a lemon glaze and I am sure that still would have been delish, but the cake’s richness demanded an equally decadent adornment AKA 5 Minute Silky Chocolate Ganache. To live for.
Don’t let the word “ganache” scare you. As you might have guessed – it takes less than 5 minutes to make and is smooth, creamy and chocolaticious!
Almost as much as you want this cake.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pound Cake. Possibly the very best bite of summer.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 oz. strawberry gelatin (strawberry Jell-0 mix)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened at room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 recipe 5 Minute Chocolate Sauce/Ganache (click HERE)
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees and generously spray all surfaces of a 12 cup nonstick bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray WITH FLOUR*, OR grease and flour the inside. Set aside.
- Sift the 3 cups of flour, strawberry gelatin, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Beat the butter until creamy then add sugar and beat until fluffy, scraping sides down as needed, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just the yellow disappears after each egg.**
- With mixer running on low, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture in thirds, alternately with sour cream in between each third. Beat on low until just combined.**
- Turn off mixer and add vanilla extract, lemon extract and strawberries and gently fold into batter until combined. Spoon batter into prepared pan and tap pan on counter a few times to even and release air bubbles.
- Bake until a wood pick inserted near the center of cake comes out clean, 85 – 100 minutes (mine took 93) minutes. You may need to cover the top of the cake with foil near the end of cooking time to prevent excess browning.
- Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- When cake is cool, prepare Chocolate Ganache. Spoon half of Chocolate Ganache over cake. Spoon remaining ganache over individual servings.
**Cake will rise slightly above bundt cake pan when done so be sure not to overmix eggs or sour cream/flour to add extra volume.
***Cake can be made 2 days in advance then wrapped in plastic wrap when cooled. I actually think it tastes better the day after baking.
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Giveaway is now closed
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like:
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation: