This post brought to you by Hidden Valley Ranch. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Carlsbad Cravings.
Fiesta Ranch Chicken Burrito Bowls piled with tender, marinated fiesta ranch chicken, cheesy one pot Cilantro Lime Rice with black beans, guilt free Chipotle Ranch Avocado Crema and all your favorite burrito fixins’. You are going to want a very big bowl.
Once upon a time, as in long before I started my blog and just last week, I used “dry ranch seasoning mix” AKA Hidden Valley Ranch dry ranch seasoning mix in a lot of my recipes. And when I say a lot. I mean A LOT:
And clearly I also used it with a lot of bacon.
Needless to say, I have been a long time fan of Hidden Valley ranch seasoning packets, but now, I am an even BIGGER fan because they have a new Greek yogurt ranch salad dressing mix and dip! All those cremas I make just got a whole lot healthier, so you can pile them on.
I kicked off the making of these Fiesta Ranch Chicken Burrito Bowls with Chipotle Avocado Ranch Crema with the newest, latest and greatest Hidden Valley Greek Yogurt Ranch Salad Dressing Mix by adding it to the Ranch Chicken Marinade along with a bevy of my favorite Mexican spices such as chipotle powder, chili powder, cumin and smoked paprika. You can let the chicken marinate for as little as 30 minutes or up to 8 hours to drink in all the fiesta ranch goodness. And this chicken is good. Its tender, moist, tangy and simply fiestalicious!
The chicken sits on a bed of One Pot Cilantro Lime Rice with Black beans infused with cumin, lime, green chilies, and jalapeno that you will have to exercise all your self control not to eat on its own. Especially once you add the cheese. Oh. My. Yum. Cheesy Cilantro Lime Rice and Black Beans. Does it get any better?!
Yes. Yes it does.
Top the cheesy Cilantro Lime Rice with your Fiesta Ranch Chicken and desired toppings such as tomatoes, avocados, tortilla strips, lettuce, etc. and your crowning Chipotle Avocado Ranch Crema.
This crema is divine! It’s a simple 3 minute blender concoction of chipotle powder, avocado, lime juice, a hint of mayonnaise (optional), Greek yogurt and Hidden Valley Ranch Greek Yogurt Salad Dressing Mix. You are going to want to douse your bowls in it. And to tell you the truth, I did just that the second after I took my last picture and proceeded to eat every last morsel.
Thank goodness it was guilt free dousing. Thanks to Hidden Valley’s brand new Greek yogurt mix formulation, we get to enjoy the same great ranch flavor but with less fat, more protein and lower calories. Douse away. Douse away and make these Fiesta Ranch Chicken Burrito Bowls ASAP with the help of the Hidden Valley coupon at Wal-mart – click here: special Hidden Valley coupon With your coupon in hand, you can find the Hidden Valley Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing Mix and Dip at Wal-Mart right alongside the pre-made dressings.
Now go claim your bowl. I suggest of serving bowl proportions.
- 2-3 chicken breasts (1 pound), pounded thin
- 1 recipe Cilantro Lime Rice and Black Beans (click HERE)
Fiesta Ranch Chicken Rub
- 1 tablespoon Hidden Valley Ranch Greek Yogurt Salad Dressing Mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder/pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional for more heat)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Chipotle Avocado Ranch Crema
- 1 small avocado
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Hidden Valley Ranch Greek Yogurt Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (may sub more Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of sugar
- milk (optional)
Garnishes (use all or favorites of below)
- shredded Mexican cheese blend (or equal parts sharp cheddar and Monterrey Jack)
- shredded lettuce
- tortilla strips
- sour cream
- hot sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk Fiesta Ranch Chicken Rub ingredients together and rub evenly all over chicken breasts. Time permitting, allow chicken to sit 30 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate up to 8 hours then bring to room temperature for before cooking.*
- When ready to prepare bowls, begin with Chipotle Avocado Ranch Crema by adding all the Crema ingredients to your blender and chopping then blending until smooth. Taste and add additional Ranch Mix, chipotle pepper, salt/pepper if desired. For a thinner consistency, add milk a tablespoon at a time. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Prepare Cilantro Lime Rice and Black Beans according to directions HERE.
- STOVETOP CHICKEN: Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Once very hot, add chicken and cook, undisturbed for 3-5 minutes, or until nicely browned (or blackened if you prefer) on one side. Turn chicken over, cover, and reduce heat to medium. Cook for approximately 5-7 more minutes (depending on thickness of chicken), or until chicken is cooked through. Remove to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before slicing or dicing.
- GRILLED CHICKEN: Grease and preheat the grill to medium heat, 375-450°F. Grill chicken undisturbed for 5-7 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. (An inserted thermometer should read 165 degrees F.) Remove chicken from grill and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- When rice and chicken is done, immediately divide among bowls and top with cheese (so cheese melts). Top with chicken, desired Garnishes and Chipotle Ranch Avocado Crema.
- Serve immediately.
**Although not pictured, I find mangoes MAKE this dish because their sweetness compliments the tang of the ranch chicken and crema.
***Total time does not include marinating chicken.
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: