Easy Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes = cheesecake filling + pancake dry ingredients + fresh strawberry syrup = cheesecake for breakfast!
Happy spring! Can you believe spring is officially here?! It has been feeling a lot like spring around here, actually more like summer, with last week in the high 80s at the coast – perfect beach paddle board weather (pic here – I actually had to unzip my wet suit down the back while paddling because it was so hot with it on).
So with it feeling like spring, I thought we should celebrate with a taste of spring. And does anything taste more like spring than fresh strawberries?
How about strawberry cheesecake pancakes? (and just in time for Easter too)
I saw a recipe for cheesecake pancakes on Betty Crocker in which you slice the cream cheese into thin slices and freeze it overnight then speckle it in the batter. I loved the idea of cheesecake pancakes but I didn’t want to meticulously slice my cream cheese but more importantly I didn’t want to wait for the cream cheese to freeze so I decided to create cheesecake filling in the batter itself and Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes were born. It was a joyous occasion.
Think cheesecake filling. Cream cheese, vanilla Greek yogurt, sugar, vanilla and a splash of lemon juice. I could drink this stuff.
Think pancakes. Flour, milk, salt and baking soda and baking powder mixed with your cheesecake filling. Think 4 ingredient Strawberry Syrup (this stuff is divine, just sayin’). Fresh strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla smothering every crevice of your soft, cheesecake pancakes.
Think easy. Blend the cheesecake ingredients in a blender. Whisk in dry ingredients. Prepare as regular pancakes while your strawberry syrup simmers.
- 1 recipe 4 Ingredient Strawberry Syrup (click HERE for recipe)
Cheesecake Blender Ingredients
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups milk (depending on how thick you like your pancakes)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Prepare Fresh Strawberry Ingredients according to recipe.
- While syrup is simmering, add Cheesecake Blender Ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, sift together Dry Ingredients.
- Pour the Cheesecake Blender mixture into the Dry Ingredients and whisk just until combined. Do not over mix - there should be small lumps. (If you like thinner pancakes, thin with more milk as desired, being careful not to overmix).
- Heat a lightly greased large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour pancakes by the 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
- Top with Fresh Strawberry Syrup.
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: