Thank you Prego for Sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
Easy One Pot Lasagna Soup tastes just like lasagna without all the layering or dishes! Simply brown your beef and dump in all ingredients – you might never go back to traditional lasagna again – I won’t!
Even though lasagna is technically Italian, it has to be one of America’s favorite foods – and one of my favorite foods! For being a favorite, however, I hardly ever make lasagna – so sad. I just can’t get into the time-consuming, tedious, layering.
But now, I am thrilled to introduce my “can’t-get-any-easier,” One Pot Lasagna Soup! Creamy, cheesy layers of noodles smothered in Prego Italian Sauce, infused with garlic, onion, Italian spices and smothered in cheese. Drool…
I made this soup twice in a week because I am SO in love with it-and so is my very honest critic, Patrick, who lived in Italy for two years. Sometimes he is a little too honest, but he tells me it’s a good thing, because then I know when he really, really loves something. So as he sat spooning One Pot Lasagna Soup into his mouth, repeating “So good, you nailed it. Insane, taste just like lasagna…,” I knew it was going in my back pocket of easy, “Patrick approved”, delicious recipes.
And it belongs in your back pocket too for all those busy nights when everyone is starting to get hangry (AKA hungry and tired) or simply any time you want to devour something extraordinary.
To make this One Pot Lasagna Soup, simply brown your beef (or half Italian sausage if you like), onions and garlic…
Then add all your remaining ingredients – Prego Traditional Italian Sauce, crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, spices…
And lasagna noodles!
Now the list of ingredients might seem long, but you are just dumping and running as the sauce simmers, cooking the noodles, and infusing the whole soup with Prego Italian goodness that smells nothing less than heavenly! Prego not only elevates this One Pot Lasagna Soup but I also use its Italian Sauce in my Cheesy Tortellini Ragu Bake (a must!) and can be the answer to your weeknight dinner dilemma without sacrificing any flavor! Prego boasts rich flavor from real ingredients – no more bland, boring dinners!
Finally, top your soup with ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan – as little or as MUCH as you like and start slurping and shoveling, then repeat.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (or half Italian sausage)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (24 oz.) jar Prego Traditional Italian Sauce
- 8-10 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 (14 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into approx. 1-2 inch pieces*
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (optional)**
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- freshly finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ricotta cheese
- Heat large Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add beef and onion and cook, stirring occasionally until beef is browned. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for 30 seconds. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add Prego Sauce, 6 cups chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, sugar, spices and lasagna noodles. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until lasagna noodles are tender, stirring occasionally (approximately 20-30 minutes).
- Discard bay leaf and stir in heavy cream (optional) and 2-4 cups chicken broth to reach desired consistency. Garnish individual servings with desired amount of cheeses.
**If you want to omit the heavy cream but still would like a thicker soup then I suggest whisking 2 teaspoons cornstarch with some of the chicken broth and adding to the soup to simmer and thicken.
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: