I absolutely adore molten chocolate lava cakes!
So much that I may or may not have eaten 3 out of the 4 cakes I made for this post……all in the same day. I blame the fever I was having so nothing else sounded good to eat that day, but deep down I know the truth – the warm, oozing, liquid chocolate truth.
I wanted to post these individual cakes of delight in time for Mother’s Day, because like the Blackberry Hoisin Ginger Pork Tenderloin I’ll be serving, they look and tastes royally gourmet but are actually super simple to make!
I was so pleasantly surprised to discover that molten chocolate lava cakes only require 5 ingredients (chocolate, butter, sugar, eggs, flour) and less than 10 minutes to whip up! You don’t even have to get out a single pot or electric mixer! just a good old fashioned bowl and whisk will do the trick.
And now for the big reveal, the moment of anticipation that determines whether or not this is just a pretty little warm chocolate cake, or in fact a Molten Chocolate Lava Cake that is oh, so irresistibly decadent.
- 4 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 Tbsp.flour
- 4 (6-8 oz.) custard cups/ramekins
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Generously spray 4 small custard cups with nonstick baking spray then place on a baking sheet.***
- Add butter and baking chocolate to a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute, or until butter is melted, then stir until butter and chocolate are completely smooth. Stir in sugar until smooth. Add eggs and egg yolks then then beat for 1 minute. Add flour then stir until just combined.
- Evenly spoon batter into prepared cups. Bake for 12-13 minutes, or until the sides are firm but the centers are still soft (but not jiggly). Let cool for 2 minutes, then gently loosen cakes from custard cups by sliding a knife around the edges of each cake; then invert cakes onto serving plates. Dust with powdered sugar (optional) and serve immediately (because the cakes will continue to cook in the center).
Recipe Source: Kraft Recipes
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like:
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pound CakeTriple Chocolate Turtle Cookies