Chipotle BBQ Chicken Salad with Tomatillo Avocado Ranch is WAY better than your favorite restaurant salad at a fraction of the cost tossed with tender chipotle barbecue chicken and the most intoxicating dressing EVER!
My goodness people, this salad is Ah-mazing! I was going for a CPK Copycat but I think your taste buds will agree this salad is even better!
To me, a salad is only as good as the dressing and the protein. And this salad, is drizzled – or drowned – in one of my all time favorite dressings (we’ll get to the protein a second). The obsessive worthy 5 Minute Blender Tomatillo Avocado Ranch Dressing is creamy, velvety ranch with a Mexican fiesta flair added by the avocado, tomatillo, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, lime and smoked paprika. Layers of herbs, layers of spice, layers of luscious goodness that I just can’t seem to get enough of. And all you do is add all the ingredients to your blender and in less than 5 minutes you have created this heavenly dressing.
I would say that this Chipotle BBQ Chicken Salad with Tomatillo Avocado Dressing is almost just an excuse to consume the Tomatillo Avocado Ranch by the lettuce-fuls if it wasn’t for the Chipotle BBQ Chicken because this chicken is drool worthy delicious. The chicken begins with my Easy All Purpose Chipotle Chicken Recipe which receives rave reviews and can be a meal all on its own with its easy, flavorful Mexican rub of chipotle chili powder, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic and onion powder BUT this chicken gets even better after cooking/grilling with a BBQ bath transforming Chipotle Chicken into tender, juicy, Chipotle BBQ Chicken!
The dressing and chicken are supported by an encore cast of crunchy red peppers, jicama (optional), fresh corn, black beans, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, Mexican cheese and my personal favorite, sweet mangoes. I love sweet mangoes and spicy chipotle together ! (Exhibit A, Exhibit B, Exhibit C))
Top it all off with crispy tortilla strips and you have just made one of the best salads in the world. The world I tell you!
- 1 recipe Easy Chipotle Chicken (click HERE)
- 1/4 cup sweet barbecue sauce
- 1 Recipe 5 Minute Blender Tomatillo Avocado Ranch (click HERE)
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped (about 8 cups)
- Fresh corn kernels from 1 ear of corn
- 1/2 cup jicama, peeled and chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- tortilla strips
- Prepare 5 Minute Blender Tomatillo Ranch according to directions. Best chilled before serving.
- Prepare Chipotle Chicken according to directions. Chop cooked chicken into bite size pieces and toss with 1/4 cup barbecue sauce or enough to generously coat.
- To assemble, add the Salad Ingredients, chicken, cheese and sunflower seeds to a large bowl and toss to combine. Garnish individual servings with tortilla strips and drizzle with dressing.
Carlsbad Cravings Original adapted from my Grilled BBQ Chicken Salad
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: