Fire up your grill for Chili Lime Chicken Tacos seeping with a rainbow of chili lime spices, topped with oozing Jack cheese, sweet and smoky Grilled Pineapple Salsa and drizzled with silky Avocado Crema. Memorial Day worthy. Every day easy.
I made these Chili Lime Chicken Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Salsa last week and I was so in love that I sweet talked Ms. Strawberry Soup into letting us take her spot in this weeks line up so you could have them for Memorial Day. Because you need them for Memorial Day.
Because nothing says “Hello Summer” like firing up the grill on Memorial Day and grilling your new favorite ever Mexican chicken. Chicken marinated either overnight or just 30 minutes in my easy All Purpose Chili Lime Chicken Rub bursting with fiestalicious spices all brightened by fresh lime juice and lime zest.
So tender, so flavorful, so ready to be stuffed in a taco. A taco that is ready to be stuffed in your mouth.
Oh wait. We are getting ahead of ourselves. As much as we all want to start eating these tacos, let me first sing the praises of Grilled Pineapple Salsa – but not too much because I already did that Monday – but just know that Grilled Pineapple Salsa with its grilled sweet and smoky caramelized pineapple, and GRILLED red bell peppers, red onions and jalapeno tossed with lime and cilantro and a hint of cumin and ginger is insanely delicious all on its own and the refreshing companion to the chili lime chicken. They make each other better even when you didn’t think it was possible.
Finally, the crowning adornment that brings everything together is the silky Avocado Crema. Both Patrick and I are obsessed with this Crema. Made with sour cream, a little mayo and just the right kick of garlic, cumin, salt and fresh lime juice. It is so creamy that we prefer it hands down – way down – to guacamole. I think you will too. Just try and resist its silky siren calls.
Happy Memorial Day! May God bless all those who have died fighting for our freedoms and all who continue to fight for our freedoms every single day. They allow us to to take much for granted. May we strive to always honor their sacrifice and thank them for it.
- 1 recipe All Purpose Chili Lime Chicken (click HERE)
- 1 recipe Grilled Pineapple Salsa (click HERE)
- 4 flour tortillas (or 6-8 corn tortillas)
- 1/2 cup favorite cheese, more or less
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Prepare Chili Lime Chicken And Grilled Pineapple Salsa according to directions.
- To make the Avocado Crema, add all the Crema ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth, scraping sides down as needed. May make 4 hours ahead of time and refrigerate in an airtight container.
- To assemble, melt cheese on tortillas in the microwave or stovetop then top with Chili Lime Chicken, Pineapple Salsa followed by Avocado Crema.
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: