Blackberry Honey Walnut Salad doused with the most delectable easy sweet, tangy Blackberry Balsamic Vinaigrette and packed with a rainbow of harmonious sweet and tart blackberries, apples, and mangoes. Can I say perfect for Easter?
To me, the perfect forkful of salad is fresh, crunchy, tart, sweet, and savory in every bite.
Thus, you will find only loaded salads here.
Usually with nuts, usually with cheese, usually with fruit and vegetables and always with an incredible drink worthy dressing.
This Blackberry Honey Walnut Salad is no exception. Sweet blackberries, mangoes and Fuji apples, tart Granny smith apples, creamy, salty Feta, and crunchy red bell peppers, cucumbers, and walnuts. But not just any walnuts. Walnuts tossed in honey then oven roasted and lightly sprinkled in sugar – so good. If you make nothing else, make these nuts.
And then there’s the dressing.
The vinaigrette was inspired by the 12 case of sweet blackberry jam I’ve been whittling down since Christmas. Every year for decades my parents have gifted different jams to family at Christmas, accompanied by labels such as “Jam packed with love” and my personal favorite, “May this be the only Jam you get into.” This addicting jam was begging to be more than smothered on toast. More than consumed at breakfast. More than jam. So I blended this sweet, seedless blackberry jam with tangy balsamic vinegar and Dijon, a splash of orange juice, honey, olive oil and a kiss of basil to create a Blackberry Vinaigrette that you will want to
drizzle pour on everything – and not just at breakfast.
The perfect dressing to bathe your blackberries, mangoes, apple deliriousness in.
Blackberry Honey Walnut Salad. May this be the only salad you get into.
- 10 oz. spinach or spinach/spring green mix
- 6 oz. blackberries
- 1 honeycrip or Fuji apple, chopped
- 1 Granny smith apple, chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 small cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta or more to taste
Honey Roasted Almonds
- 1 cup raw walnut halves
- 2 tabespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
Easy Blackberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons seedless blackberry jam
- 2 tablespoons quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1-3 teaspoons honey (optional depending on desired sweetness)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dry basil
- freshly cracked salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Easy Blackberry Balsamic Vinaigrette: In a small bowl, vigorously whisk ingredients together until combined. Taste and add additional honey for sweetness, or additional balsamic for more of a "tang" as desired. Store in the refrigerator to chill.*
- Roasted Honey Walnuts: Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Warm honey in a microwave safe bowl just until it liquefies then add walnuts and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread walnuts on the prepared baking sheet so they are not touching. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with sugar and salt and stir until evenly coated. Separate walnuts on baking sheet and let cool completely. They will harden as they cool in 5-7 minutes.
- Salad: Add all of the Salad ingredients - including cooled walnuts - to a large bowl and toss until evenly combined. If you expect leftovers, reserve feta and add to individual servings. Whisk vinaigrette to recombine and either drizzle over entire salad (there will be leftovers) and toss or drizzle over individual servings.
Carlsbad Cravings Original
NEVER MISS A CARLSBAD CRAVINGS CREATION:
You might also like:
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation: