Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Pies are an easy, make ahead, almost no bake rich, decadently DELICIOUS dessert with a toffee graham cracker crust, creamy peanut butter filling, and silky chocolate ganache topping sure to satisfy all your peanut butter, chocolate cravings. That doesn’t mean you won’t want five.
Patrick and I were lazying around one night with nothing on TV, nothing on Netflix. He was manning the controls when he stopped at Pioneer Woman. “Let’s watch this!” he said. Honestly, I think he was more excited about it than I was. But as Ree began making her Peanut Butter Pie, I got excited, very excited.
And then I was so excited, I had to make my very own version of peanut butter pie ASAP.
And when I say, “my version,” I mean mini adorable and delicious with chocolate (you can’t have peanut butter without chocolate!) with a buttery graham cracker crust that gets processed with toffee bits for a Toffee Graham Cracker Crust. Perfection. You bake these mini crusts for about five minutes so that is why this is an ALMOST no bake recipe. Baking helps the crust bind together so it doesn’t crumble all over when you bite into the mini pies because you don’t want to miss a crumb of this crust. The Toffee Graham Cracker crusts are delish but not overpowering – the perfect compliment to the peanut butter filling.
The filling is a whipped combination of cream cheese, sugar, toffee bits (you don’t taste the “crunch” – they just add a little something-something-something) and splashes of vanilla and cinnamon.
Once this peanut butter/sugar mixture is nice and creamy, you fold in your freshly whipped heavy cream to create a fluffy, silky, creamy peanut butter filling..mmmmmmmm…..(you are going to want to lick the bowl clean and you can! because it doesn’t have eggs…not that that usually stops me…)
Then top with your easy microwavable ganache of chocolate and heavy cream. I hardly use heavy cream when I cook, so its okay if I make up for its absence in my baking, right?
Garnish your adorable mini pies as desired with drizzles of melted peanut butter, chopped peanuts and mini chocolate chips (optional but they they exponentially raise the already high cuteness factor), and freeze at least 4 hours up to as long as you like. I said 7 days in the directions – but I think they would keep longer than that – but they wouldn’t last longer than that if I lived in your house. Because these mini pies’ rich, creamy, peanut butter sweetness crowned with silky chocolate are too much for me to resist. Just wait.
Once ready to devour, serve immediately as they tend to soften quickly. But get consumed even quicker.
So really, you should make these Almost No Bake Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Pies as soon as possible because they are every chocolate lover, peanut butter lovers dream. Go, Be a dream maker.
- Graham Cracker Toffee Crust
- 5 whole graham crackers (the whole sheet)
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons toffee bits (I use Heath Bits ‘O Brickle Toffee its)
Peanut Butter Pie Filling
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup toffee bits (I use Heath Bits ‘O Brickle Toffee its)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces quality semisweet chocolate, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 12 count muffin tin with muffin/cupcake liners.
- Add Graham Cracker Crust ingredients to food processor and blend to a fine crumble. Divide Crust mixture between the 12 liners (about a heaping tablespoon each) and press into the bottom of the liners. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside.
- Add heavy cream to a large mixing bowl and beat with handheld electric mixer on high until firm peaks form. Set aside.
- To a separate mixing bowl (or remove heavy cream), using the same beaters, beat peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the confectioners' sugar, toffee bits, vanilla, cinnamon and salt and beat until smooth (it will be thick). Gently fold the whipped heavy cream into the peanut butter-cream cheese mixture with a spatula until completely blended.
- Spoon Peanut Butter Pie Filling into muffin tins (they will fill to the top). Freeze for at least one hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare Chocolate Ganache by adding chocolate and heavy cream to a medium microwave-safe bow. Microwave for one minute stir, then microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is melted. Stir chocolate and heavy cream until smooth. Let cool to barely warm, stirring occasionally (it will thicken as it cools.). Spoon the Chocolate Ganache over the peanut butter cups and spread with the back of the spoon (its okay if some spreads over the edges).
- To garnish, melt peanut butter and drizzle over mini pies (I add my peanut butter to a ziploc bag and snip the corner), sprinkle with salted peanuts and mini chocolate chips. Freeze for at least 4 hours up to 7 days.
- When ready to serve, serve IMMEDIATELY after removing from the freezer as the mini pies soften quickly. You can either serve with the or without the cupcake liners.
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like:
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation: