Talking on the phone while taking pizza out of the oven is like drinking and driving.
It’s a bad idea – and I have quite the scar to show for it. Unlike drinking and driving, however, (which I DON’T do, because I don’t even drink), I don’t regret the pleasure that came from my pizza. Not one bit. Because last week when I said, “Be Excited. Be Very Excited” because my Alfredo Philly Cheesesteak pizza was coming….
I meant it! Because this pizza is CRAZY GOOD. Like so crazy good that Patrick and I kept murmuring “crazy good” over and over again in between bites as we stuffed our faces with this crazy good pizza.
And because I didn’t want to keep you anxiously excited for too long, I am excited to bring you this Alfredo Cheesesteak Pizza without any further ado.
This pizza is an ode to my absolutely favorite sandwich – ever. A sandwich which I crave relentlessly. I crave Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches so much, I seriously think I have a problem. Unless its perfectly normal to choose Valentines Day dinner at Philly Frank’s Cheesesteaks nestled between DD’s Discounts, the laundromat and the 99 cent store because that’s where I want to go above every other restaurant because they have the best Philly Cheesesteaks around.
Problem? Or plain and simple guilty pleasure?
Either way, I’ve giddily found a way to pack all my favorite flavors of my favorite sandwich into my new favorite pizza. It goes a little something like this:
Smother your pizza dough in Alfredo sauce then top with mozzarella cheese…
Cover the cheese in thinly sliced steak marinated in Italian Dressing, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and a pinch of red pepper (can we say meat bursting with flavor), and sauteed with red onion….
Top with bell peppers and mushrooms…
Top with more mozzarella cheese…
And you have created your new crazy good addiction. An easy addiction no less…
The sauteeing only takes about 5 minutes and the layering can be done in a flash, so that makes this the ultimate quick, easy and uber delicious dinner – especially if you have made the Perfect Homemade Pizza Crust beforehand and either refrigerated it or frozen it for times like this when the Philly Cheesesteak craving just won’t go away – which for me, is pretty much all the time!
I apologize in advance if you develop a craving “problem” after eating this Alfredo Philly Cheesesteak Pizza. But then again, its a delicious problem to have. And your family will love you for it because your “problem” means more of their favorite pizza, because if you all love Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches, this will be your new favorite pizza!
- Steak Marinade
- 1/2 pound top sirloin or flank steak, THINLY sliced across the grain
- 1/4 cup Italian Dressing
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup Alfredo Sauce
- 1 cup mushrooms, THINLY sliced, more or less*
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
1 Recipe Perfect Homemade Pizza Crust or store bought**
- Marinate steak with steak marinade ingredients for 1 hour up to overnight.
- When ready to make your pizza, preheat pizza stone or baking sheet at 475 for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, finish preparing pizza dough and below toppings.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Add onions and saute for 3 minutes. Add steak with marinade to the skillet and let cook on one side without disturbing, then proceed to saute for 2 minutes or until meat is barely browned (it will continue to cook in the oven). Transfer to a paper towel lined plate (to soak up extra moisture).
- To make your pizza, spread Alfredo sauce evenly over the dough, to within 1/2 inch of the edge. Sprinkle evenly with ½ cup cheese. Top with meat and onions, then green pepper, then mushrooms. Lightly season with freshly cracked salt and pepper. Finally top with 1 more cup cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted then broil for 1-2 minutes, or until cheese is golden.
**This recipe makes 1 pizza and the homemade crust makes 1 - so double, make a different kind of pizza or save extra dough for later!
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Craving Creation:
You might also like: