Thanksgiving is just a few days away – I am so excited! A holiday that revolves all around food, family, giving thanks and Mexican Train Dominoes. Sometimes, however, bringing food that everyone will love to either Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, etc. can be a bit stressful, intimidating and time consuming. Stress no more. I’ve alleviated all three stressors with this quick, easy, and fool proof – 7 Minute Garlic Jalapeno Whipped Feta.
I mean, really, what could possibly be better than creamy feta?! Possibly only creamy feta with cream cheese, jalapeno, garlic, fresh basil, fresh parsley and red onion. Creamy, tangy, flavorful and as much heat as you would like.
But, it is also super adaptable. You can start with a base of whipped feta and virtually add anything that suits your mood. And besides being an addicting appetizer, it is also a tantalizing, velvety spread on chicken – like my Balsamic Whipped Feta Bruschetta Chicken, coming soon. Be excited, be very excited!
And that easy part I mentioned- a nice relief from the hustle and bustle of holidays – it goes like this: Add cream cheese and feta to your food processor and mix until creamy.
Add remaining ingredients and mix until chopped and smooth.
Eat! That might also just take 7 minutes.
But if you can resist eating your Garlic Jalapeno Whipped Feta straight out of your food processor, then it makes the most satisfying creamy dip for vegetables…
Or delectable spread that you will find all sorts of excuses to slather on anything because the end goal is for this whipped feta to enter your mouth. It also can make a pretty appetizer – if you have the self control to wait.
No stress, fool proof 7 Minute Garlic Jalapeno Whipped Feta. One of my gifts to you this holiday season. Happy Holidays!
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 oz. feta, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, roughly chopped (1/2 tsp dried)
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped (1/2 tsp dried)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon red onion or 1 small shallot, roughly chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos, seeded, deveined, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add feta and cream cheese to food processor and pulse until cheeses are mixed. Continue to mix 3-4 minutes until cheeses are very smooth. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. If you like a spicier dip, add hot sauce or some of the jalapeno seeds.
- Serve room temperature or warmed for spread/dips for chips, crackers, bread, etc.
- I like my dip chilled if serving as dip with vegetables, The dip firms up slightly when refrigerated so just soften in the microwave for 30 seconds or so before serving.
Inspired by Food Network
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: