Savor velvety, creamy no hassle 30 Minute Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo that tastes every bit as decadent as the finest restaurant Alfredo without any of the guilt or the price.
Sometimes I am secretly giddy Patrick is allergic to shrimp. Is that awful? Don’t get me wrong, I feel sorry for the guy, and I don’t rub it in his face and if I could change it, I would…but his allergy to shrimp means I get to stuff Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo all in my face.
Good thing its lightened up because I slurped every last Parmesan, mozzarella drenched shrimp cradled in fettuccine noodles down over a couple of days.
You might think I’d get sick of fettuccine Alfredo after the first couple rounds, by my goodness, this pasta is so good, the more I ate, the more I craved it. Does that qualify as an addiction? It feels like one.
Not only is Alfredo sauce to live for, but the shrimp and broccoli are tossed in olive oil, and kisses of paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper so they are bursting with flavor as you first roast the broccoli for 4 minutes then add the shrimp and roast for 6-8 more minutes for perfectly crisp-tender broccoli and perfectly cooked shrimp.
Roasted shrimp and broccoli. I am a fan. Huge fan. (If you have never roasted shrimp and/or broccoli, I think this will become your new favorite method!) Sneak a few roasted morsels before they get dunked in Alfredo sauce and you won’t be able to keep your hands off.
While the magic of roasting is transpiring, you whip up your lightened up rich, creamy Alfredo sauce that masquerades as pure decadence but boasts only a fraction of the fat as the traditional Alfredo sauce. The sauce is made with both Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese for a depth of flavor while complimented by garlic, basil, parsley and red pepper flakes so you don’t miss all the extra butter or heavy cream.
After you stir in your roasted shrimp and broccoli to the Alfredo, you stir in your fettuccine…
And in less than 30 minutes your family will be singing your praises.
In between mouthfuls of Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo.
Come and get it.
- Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 12 oz. medium uncooked peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 12 oz. fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I use lowfat)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley
- lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions in generously salted water.
- Meanwhile, combine 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and spices listed under "Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli" in a small bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of this olive oil spice mixture to a large bowl and toss with broccoli. Line broccoli on a large baking sheet and bake for 4 minutes at 400F degrees.
- Meanwhile, add remaining olive oil spice mixture to large bowl and toss with shrimp. After broccoli has baked 4 minutes, add shrimp to baking tray with broccoli and continue to roast an additional 6-8 minutes or until shrimp are opaque and broccoli is crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in olive oil over medium-low heat in a large skillet. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Sprinkle in flour and cook while stirring for 3 minutes, or until raw flour smell is gone, then turn heat to low. Slowly whisk in chicken broth, then milk, stirring constantly until smooth. Turn heat to medium high and bring the sauce to a simmer. Stir in spices and continue to simmer until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in Parmesan cheese until melted, followed by mozzarella cheese until melted. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Stir in roasted broccoli and shrirmp followed by al dente pasta until well coated in sauce, adding additional milk if needed to reach desired consistency. Taste and season with additional salt, pepper and/or red pepper flakes to taste.
- Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese, fresh parsley and lemon (optional)..
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: