20 MINUTE or less Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Shrimp Pasta packed with juicy shrimp (or chicken) and more flavor than a 5 star restaurant at a fraction of the cost!
You guys, this is one of my favorite pastas of ALL time. I kid not. Not when it comes to Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Shrimp Pasta!
This shrimp pasta is quick and easy – 20 minutes or less – but the flavors are out of this world thanks to the Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Pesto. I’ve used almonds in my pesto because I love a good almond pesto and I always have them on hand, along with sundried tomatoes, basil, shallots, and garlic.
The pesto is further enhanced by tomato paste and balsamic vinegar for a sweet and tangy earthy flavor that is crazy delicious.
Once you process your pesto (in literally, just a couple minutes) comes the best part – add it to your skillet along with your shrimp and saute your shrimp in the sun-dried pesto glory…
Add some Parmesan along with your linguine and some reserved pasta water…
Now if your husband is allergic to shrimp (sorry Patrick), or you don’t like shrimp, have shrimp or want shrimp (gasp!), then you can easily substitute chicken and still be drowning yourself in this pasta in 20 minutes!
And loving it.
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Pesto
- 1 8.5 oz. jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 small shallot, peeled
- 2 tablespoons almonds
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook the pasta in salted water. Once al dente, drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, add Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Pesto ingredients to a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Pesto and saute for 1 minute. Add shrimp and continue to saute just until shrimp are opaque. Stir in Parmesan cheese until mostly melted, then add pasta and toss to coat, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten to desired consistency (I used 3/4 cup).
- Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: