Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pound Cake is the only pumpkin cake you need this Fall! Moist, rich pumpkin cake infused with chocolate and bathed in a velvety Cinnamon Pumpkin Cream Cheese Glaze.
As I mentioned in my Nutella Pumpkin Crepes post, my favorite pumpkin anything growing up was my mom’s famous pumpkin bread with chocolate chips – pumpkin and chocolate are just made for each other! And my favorite part of the bread – aside from the chocolate chips – was the outer crystallized sugar crust. My mom began making mini loafs just so there would be more crust – thanks mom.
So when I was thinking about what type of pumpkin cake I wanted to make, I knew it had to have chocolate chips and a crystallized brown sugar crust which meant it had to be a chocolate chip pumpkin pound cake!
I adore pound cakes – they are definitely the main type of cake I make because I love them so much! Lemon Pound Cake Loaf, Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pound Cake, Toffee Caramel Pecan Pound Cake – and now Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pound Cake! I just can’t get enough of their rich, buttery, soft, moist texture. And they are so pretty.
And so impressive yet so easy!
This Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pound Cake is is rich, and dense yet super moist due to the pumpkin puree and infused with Fall spices: cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
And chocolate chips.
The multi-dimensional silky Cinnamon Pumpkin Cream Cheese Glaze pushes this pumpkin cake over the delicious edge into the crazy delicious arena where everyone will be beg you for the recipe. The glaze is a simple combination of cinnamon, pumpkin puree, cream cheese and powdered sugar that enhances the Fall spiced pumpkin cake. I love to warm my slice(s) of cake for 15 seconds or so not only is the chocolate studded cake warm but the the glaze is all warm, ooey, and gooey and irresistible!
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pound Cake
- 1 15 oz. can pure pumpkin, divided
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- nonstick cooking spray WITH FLOUR
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree from above can pumpkin
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and spray all surfaces of a 12 cup nonstick bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray WITH FLOUR OR grease and flour the inside of your pan. Set aside.
- Remove 2 tablespoons pure pumpkin from 15 oz. can pumpkin and set aside for glaze. Add remaining pumpkin, butter and sugars to mixer and beat until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until the yellow disappears after each egg.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture in thirds, alternately with milk in between each third. Beat until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans just until combined then spoon batter into prepared pan. Tap pan on counter a few times to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Bake until a wood pick inserted near the center of cake comes out clean, 85 - 90 minutes at 325F degrees.
- Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- To prepare glaze, beat cream cheese, butter and 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree together until smooth. Add milk and cinnamon and gradually beat in powdered sugar, adding additional milk if necessary to reach desired consistency. Drizzle desired amount of glaze over cake and serve any remaining glaze with individual servings. I love to warm my cake with glaze in the microwave for 15 seconds or so – so good!
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: