Thank you LUNA Bar for sponsoring today’s post. All love for their gluten free bars is my own! #LUNAgf
So I really wanted to make Blueberry White Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats but I also really wanted to make Blueberry White Chocolate Cheesecake, so I decided not to sacrifice any wants (AKA any deliciousness) and make them both. So we are blessed with no bake Blueberry White Chocolate Cheesecake Rice Krispie Treats!
I got the idea of glamming up good ol’ rice krispie treats after I devoured my package of gluten free LUNA bars, including their new Chocolate Cupcake – OMY – that was shipped to my door. In fact all of LUNA bars are now gluten free! (You can check out all their delicious flavors here) I was supposed to save the bars so they could be in some of these pics, but I had no self control. I ate them all – and surprisingly didn’t feel bad about it because they are low glycemic, don’t contain any artificial flavors and under 200 calories – but then I realized I needed them for the post and then almost felt bad about eating them all and then remembered how good they were and immediately bought more. No regrets.
But I digress. I was inspired by my gluten free Blueberry Bliss LUNA Bar muse with its crispy treat like base, sweet blueberry layer and creamy drizzle to create a dessert with a similar flavor profile. So while LUNA Bars are the perfect guilt-free on the go snack, Blueberry White Chocolate Cheesecake Krispie Treats are the perfect indulgent gluten free dessert (make sure you Rice Krispies or generic brand specify gluten free).
While the name of this dessert might sound like a mouthful, these bars are very simple to make – I mean, after all what is easier than rice krispies?! Or tastier?! It is one of the worlds unsolved mysteries how just three ingredients can create such addicting results. And if you thought just three ingredients were addicting, try adding a 4th – white chocolate. That’s right, along with butter and marshmallows, these rice krispies are melted with white chocolate. They are to live for! but wait, it gets better…
The white chocolate rice krispies are topped with a layer of no bake white chocolate cheesecake. I was licking the bowl, the spatula, my clean fingers to savor every last drop of this white chocolate cheesecake. After the velvety cheesecake is poured over the white chocolate rice krispies and chilled, its topped with the ultimate blueberry sauce of blueberries simmered with orange juice, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla and sugar. You have permission to drool.
For the ultimate chocolate lover and for those who want to really impress their guests, the cheesecake is then drizzled with more white chocolate.
Layers of crispy, gooey white chocolate marshmallow rice krispies topped with creamy, silky white chocolate cheesecake topped with sweet, fresh blueberry sauce topped with ribbons of white chocolate…
Blueberry White Chocolate Cheesecake Rice Krispie Treats. The perfect indulgent, gluten free dessert. LUNA Bars. The perfect guilt free, gluten free snack. There is a time and a place for both. And that time is now. Right now.
You can check out all the different flavors of gluten free LUNA Bars here and for a chance to win free LUNA Bar samples shipped to your door, let me know below what flavor you would most like to try or which one you can’t live without.
- Rice Krispie Layer
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 10.5 oz. package mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 1/2 cups GLUTEN FREE Rice Krispie cereal or generic brand*
White chocolate Cheesecake Layer
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz. white baking chocolate, melted and slightly cooled (may sub.white choc chips)
- dash of salt
- 1 1/4 oz. packet unflavored powdered gelatin**
- 2 tablespoons water
Fresh Blueberry Sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (approx. 3 oranges)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 6 oz.half-pints fresh blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided (1 lemon)
- lemon zest from 1-2 lemons
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Combine the gelatin with 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl and microwave 30 seconds, stir and set aside.
- Rice Krispies: Line a 9×13 inch pan with parchment paper long enough to come up the sides. Spray any exposed areas with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large pot over medium low heat. Add marshmallows and 1/2 cup white chocolate chips and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in rice krispies a little at a time until cereal is completely coated then pour mixture into prepared pan. Spray hands with nonstick cooking spray and press cereal evenly down in pan. (it will be very sticky!)
- Cheesecake: Beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Beat in sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla for 1 minute. Add melted chocolate, powdered sugar gelatin (stir gelatin first) and a dash of salt and beat 1-2 more minutes or until very smooth.
- Pour cheesecake over rice krispies and spread out evenly. Lightly cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or until layer is set (The less time in the fridge the softer/better the rice krispie base.)
- Blueberry Sauce: Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice, orange juice, sugar, and cornstarch to a medium saucepan, whisk until cornstarch is dissolved and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil approximately 5 minutes, or until thickened then add blueberries and simmer 5-7 minutes or until a few berries have burst but most are still whole. Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice and lemon zest from 1 lemon. Taste to and add additional lemon zest if desired (I tend to like more zest). Chill in the refrigerator separate from the cheesecake/rice krispies.
- When cheesecake is set, you can either spoon chilled blueberry sauce over individual servings or over the entire cheesecake layer in the pan. The blueberry sauce keeps its form better if chilled a little after pouring over the entire pan.
- Optional: Melt 1/3 cup white chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon shortening in microwave at 50% power, stirring at 30 second intervals until melted. Stir chocolate and add additional shortening to thin if desired. Add melted chocolate to a plastic bag, snip the corner of the bag and drizzle chocolate over rice krispies.
- To cut, lift rice krispies out of the pan with the edges of the exposed parchment paper. Cut and serve.
**Usually can be found next to the Jell-O
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: